When Can I Be Charged With Possession of a Controlled Substance?
Controlled substances include street drugs, such as cocaine or crack, marijuana, prescription drugs, and some over the counter drugs containing codeine and amphetamines. Possession of any amount of a controlled substance is grounds for criminal prosecution. It is possible, however, to defend against charges of possession of a controlled substance and drug possession with intent to deliver.
As your defense lawyer, Mr. Hancock will begin an intensive and strategic investigation to uncover evidence supporting your side of the story. He will review police documentation, consult with witnesses, and seek to suppress any evidence illegally obtained against you.
We are experienced in drug possession cases involving:
- Drug possession/intent to deliver, including possession of marijuana, meth, cocaine and heroin
- Narcotics manufacturing, including meth manufacturing and marijuana grow houses
- Drug trafficking
Defenses to Texas Drug Possession Charges
Any good criminal defense lawyer will pursue every opportunity for your defense. You may have been in possession of a drug, but without intent to deliver. You may have had a prescription or the right to possess a certain drug. You may have been illegally searched without proper cause or warrant.
As your attorney, Mr. Hancock knows how to aggressively defend drug crimes cases involving possession of a controlled substance. He will investigate every element of your case including:
- Are the drugs what the law enforcement officials actually say they are?
- Do the charges match the facts (i.e. amounts in possession, drugs in possession)?
- Were your rights violated in the search and seizure process?
- Was there probable cause to stop you on the street, stop your car or search your property?
- Is there evidence to support an intent to deliver?
All of these questions will become extremely important through the investigation and in trial.
Need a San Antonio Criminal Defense Attorney? Contact Us
Attorney Patrick L. Hancock has a solid reputation and record of results. He will provide an aggressive defense to effectively protect your rights and defeat your charges. Call the San Antonio, Texas, Law Offices of Patrick L. Hancock at 210-223-8844 orcontact him onlineto schedule a free and confidential consultation.